Bring me is a set of commands that allow the user to quickly invoke an item from a list of previously-saved items. Currently, these items are: programs, websites, folders, and files. The list of items is saved to the Caster user directory in the file
settings/sm_bringme.toml. On first installation, if no list of items exists yet, a default list of commands is created with documentation websites, common computer folders, and Caster Settings files. Say "bring me caster bring me" to bring up the
- Add current element:
<target> to bring me as <key>
<target>may be website, program, folder, or file.
keyis the phrase you wish to use to invoke it later. You can usually omit
<target>and it will be detected automatically based on the context. If in a browser,
<target>defaults to website if omitted. If in File/Windows Explorer or a Save/Open dialog,
<target>defaults to file or folder if omitted depending on which item is selected in the file list. Otherwise,
<target>defaults to program if omitted.
- Bring up the item:
bring me <item>
- For websites, this launches the default browser and opens the desired site.
- This launches programs.
- Folders are either opened or navigated to depending on the context. If in a terminal, File/Windows Explorer, or a Save/Open dialog the program will navigate to the folder.
bring me <item> in <terminal_explorer>to open in a new window.
<terminal_explorer>can be terminal or explorer.
- Files are opened using the system-default program for that file type.
- Refresh bring me after editing
refresh bring me
- Remove a key:
remove <key> from bring me
- Restore default keys:
restore bring me defaults
- to bring me as caster github
- Automatically detected as a website if in the browser.
- bring me caster github
- Opens the caster GitHub web page in your default browser.
- program to bring me as my favorite browser
- If in Google Chrome, this saves Google Chrome as a program.
- bring me my favorite browser
- Opens Google Chrome (after the user runs the previous example).
- bring me caster bring me
bringme.tomlin your system default
- bring me my documents
- If in a terminal, File/Windows Explorer, or a Save/Open dialog, this navigates to your Documents folder. If not, this opens a new Explorer window at that folder.
- bring me caster user in terminal
- Opens a new terminal at the user's